Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Questions for Isaac's 6-month visit next week

Isaac's 6-month pediatrician's visit is next Friday. I thought it might be handy for me to keep questions to ask her here, so that you all could add your comments to suggest other good ones to ask. Ones that are on my mind right now:

*What's the deal with his chin rash? Should we be worried, or does it just look like a dry patch of skin to you?
*What can we do to help him learn to use his arms for crawling?
*What kind of feeding schedule should we be on now? What about solid foods?
*He doesn't seem to want to eat cereal with breastmilk anymore. Should we push this? Do you have any tips to make it more palatable?
*My "book" says some approaching developmental milestones for him are being able to rake a small object like a raisin with his hands, and being able to feed himself a cracker. Aren't these choking hazards?
*Do we need fluoride or iron supplements?
*What kinds of activities can we engage him in now to stimulate him?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claire,
I so enjoy reading your accounts of Adventures in Motherhood! I would have signed in officially in my emeritus role as Dana's mom, but Blogger insists I sign in, then insists that I already have a user name, but when I ask it to remind me of my password, it rudely informs me that there is no such account. Huh?
In any case, please email me your snail mail address at snorris@romanbrandgroup.com as I have something I would like to send you. Consider it a highly informed source of educated empathy!
The best piece of parenting advice we ever got came from the doctor who delivered Dana. As he was sending us home from the hospital, he said, "Don't worry about doing anything 'wrong'. She's never been a baby before. She won't know the difference!" That was SO liberating!
The best piece of mothering advice came from Rob's mother, who said - and I quote - "Mothers can do anything, as long as they give up sleep!" Truer words were never spoken.
Take care. You and Isaac are doing just fine!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home