Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Play-Doh menagerie

In Isaac-world, playing with Play-Doh is the new coloring. We have played with Play-Doh every day for the past week. I can't even get near the kitchen table (our Play-Doh studio of choice) without pleadings of "Pway-oh? Pway-oh?"

At first, our Pway-oh sessions started innocently. It was fun to make balls and squish them unmercifully with fingers, noses, necks. But late last week, I helped to flip the switch. There are only so many times one can reshape balls without going insane, yes? So, conjuring my inner Grandma Jane (Mistress of the Play-Doh), I used all of my grade-school art class skillz to start making Play-Doh critters upon request. I try to encourage Isaac to make his own unique creations. He is still stuck in squishing mode, though when squishing takes the form of dismembering animals it is apparently infinitely more interesting. Thus, though my repertoire is growing rather large, none of my Play-Doh creations lasts for more than a minute without heads (or tails) being parted from their respective bodies. Some of our handiwork --

Isaac maiming a snail:



A mouse, only temporarily saved from Destructo-Hands (note the approach of the Blurry Monster in the upper left corner):



One of Isaac's most requested is a kitty with a kitty-bed and food dish. He actually allows this ensemble to exist for 5 - 10 minutes before the kitty's head must roll:



Here's a turtle:



The same turtle after the Isaac-treatment. Note the severed leg in the kitty's food dish:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack's Mom said...

I love the kitty with bed and food! Color me impressed!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home