Monday, September 13, 2004

Allie in Dallas

A little while ago, I read a story on this bulletin board I follow, for moms who also have April 2004 babies. There is a 9-month old baby in Texas, Allie, whose story you can follow on her website, should you choose to (www.scotthousehold.com). She has been fighting a particularly devastating form of leukemia for over half her little life now, and she is losing. This is the kind of leukemia that recently a "magic bullet" drug came out against -- that drug did not work for her, nor did chemotherapy or a bone marrow transplant, anything else that her family and doctors tried. They decided last week to stop her treatments, because they were not stopping the progression of her leukemia, and they were only causing Allie pain. Her mom posts her progress almost daily from the hospital where they have been living since Allie was diagnosed, and they don't think it will be long now before Allie's body can't hold on anymore.

People post about her condition almost daily on my bulletin board, and I check her website, and I cry. Whenever I am online, Isaac is asleep; after hearing about this little girl I have to go and sit and sniffle beside him, his little belly softly rising and falling, and wonder why we are so lucky to have been blessed with such a perfect, healthy little guy. It is unimaginable to me how life would continue if something were ever to happen to him. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home