Sunday, September 26, 2004

A brand new little man

These past few days with Isaac have been the most wonderful days of my life. Either he has settled down a bit with the fussing, or I have become more at peace with it, but either way we have reached a new level of fun with each other. His personality is starting to gather form -- I think some of the latest pictures capture it a little better. I've realized from walking with Mindy and Clayton that Isaac is probably a more serious guy than Clayton. Clayton likes to laugh a lot, whereas Isaac does giggle, but his giggles are reserved for special occasions. But, as I have been able to capture over and over again, Isaac is very giving with his smiles, flashing them at me every second he gets. He is also a big studier of people. He likes to stare at other little kids whenever he gets a chance, and lately he has started staring at Dad and I, checking us out. This evening, after I gave him his bath, I was carrying him on my shoulder as usual, but he kept pushing his body out with his arms so he could look at my face. So I stopped what I was doing, and we just stared at each other for a moment, and I could see his face just taking mine in, almost like he was memorizing it. He looked so resolute, with his bottom lip sucked in and his chipmunk cheeks, like "yep, you are definitely my mommy. And I kinda like you."

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Grandma Jane: I don't mean Isaac's "seriousness" as a bad thing by any means -- I think he has lots and lots of fun, and he sure loves to smile. He's not a gigglebox, but Dad is pretty sure to get a chuckle out of him on a regular basis. His favorite activity, though, is just observing the world around him -- it's like, seriously, you can SEE the wheels turning for him upstairs, and that's what really turns him on. I'm just so excited that now he's old enough to show us "the real Isaac" that's been hiding in those baby-clothes all this time!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Isaac sounds so much like Mike when he was little. Mike was very studious. And very,very smart. He seemed to want to be the parent. He and I had many discussions on who was the parent. I think in most cases I lost.Looking at baby Isaac floods my mind with so many warm,warm memories that I had nearly forgotten. Thanks kids for such an adorable grandson and a walk down memory lane.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home