Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I'm sooooo bad

Here is why I'm a bad, bad girl:

1) Last night I took Claritin. You heard it, I am breastfeeding and I took drugs. This is because my enormous sinus pressure was keeping me awake past midnight, and I couldn't take it anymore. I finally googled "breastfeeding" + "decongestant" and found out that Claritin has actually been given the nod by the American Academy (or whatever it is) of Pediatrics for nursing moms to take. So there. And after much sleep today, I finally feel better. But is it because I'm really better, or because sneaky Claritin is supposed to decongest me for 24 blessed hours?

2) I stayed home sick from work again today, for good reason. I woke up and felt like poo. Then I napped from 9 to 11 in Isaac's room with the humidifier, and suddenly I felt much better. Dad got me to take him to school, and that is where the naughtiness begins -- I went shopping. At first it started out so simply -- I needed more Kleenex. The kind with lotion, too, or my nose would simply fall off. So I went to the U-Village. This is where I heard the evil siren song of Starbucks, so I treated myself to a latte, having done completely without caffeine for the past three days. Then I went to the drug store for my nasal remedies. Then I went to the grocery store and bought some stuff and a Noah's bagel with yummylicious cream cheese for myself for lunch. This is all while I am "sick", mind you. I flirted with the idea of shopping for Christmas presents for Isaac, but it was getting late and I needed to pick him up from day care. And speaking of...

3) I stayed home from work for the past two days, sick as a dog, but I sent my boy to day care both mornings. Now, in my defense, he doesn't seem as sick as me. He just has his noxious little cough. Also, we all know that sleep is the key to recovery, yes? And that I get no sleep when boy is around, yes? And that sick mommies = no good to anyone, yes? Nonetheless I feel exceedingly guilty, sending my boy with a cold to go infect others while I sleep blissfully baby-free at home.

I am going straight to H.

3 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

My frozen milk supply = gone. My milk supply has been decreasing, supposedly because Buster's need for it is also. But this initially caused me to freak and to gradually send all of my extra milk with him to day care so he wouldn't starve. I've been trying to nurse him more while he's sick to keep up his fluid levels, so now my production is back up and I have a few bags in the freezer -- but I'm saving them for when we come home so Dad and I can go out on the town!!!!!

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took claritin throughout my entire pregnancy. Had I not, I would have been a walking zombie unable to function. Little Mo turned out just fine - at least in my opinion! :)

5:37 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Thanks for sharing your decongestant stories, ladies -- now I will fear not when ingesting that little-bitty miracle of a pill.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home