Monday, December 06, 2004

Isaac's Houdini-like escape from the rocking chair

Isaac has a rocking chair with the traditional little crotch-surrounding belt that he sits in so I can take a shower. I strap him in it, sometimes with him grumbling about it, and then sing him songs in the shower so he knows that mommy is right there. Yesterday he was doing his typical grumbling whilst I showered, and I my typical mommy-yammering. Occasionally I would peek out to make a funny face at him or whatever. Once I peeked out, and he was no longer in his seat. He was attempting to exit the premesis with two arms and a leg, the foot of the other leg entangled in the crotch-restraint. Evidently, he had leaned over in the chair so far so as to be able to slide himself out the top of the restraint. I guess. I really don't know, because I was hiding behind the shower curtain, yes? Anyway, I was completely flabbergasted, and he was just fine, not acting like anything was up or weird at all. I screamed for Dad, and Dad helped my sopping self to extricate the boy from the chair. Of course, I made Dad babysit while I finished my shower.

1 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Oh yeah, forgot to add: tips now on how I'm supposed to shower from now on? hmmmm?

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home