Thursday, December 08, 2005

Having a baby changes things

Today the babysitter came over for a little so Dada and I could enjoy a Starbucks run alone in honor of his birthday. As I walked home by myself, I happened to look up and see that the moon was out, already, at 4 in the afternoon. I grinned like a madwoman, thinking of the dimples that erupt in my child's chin when he sees the moon in real life ("Isaac, look! It's the moon!" ... pause ... look of delicious recognition anoints his face ... gigantic smile spreads from his twinkly eyes, crinkled-up nose, gigantor teeth, pointy dimpled Irish chin ... then an echo in a voice a little higher, "It's DA MOO!").

I couldn't help but think, before Isaac came along, that I probably saw the moon hanging in the sky thousands of times and thought nothing more than gee-that's-pretty. Now, I can't see the moon without thinking about my boy and the dimples that only come out in his chin when he smiles that big.

3 Comments:

Blogger RB said...

It is so true. Glad yall got out and had time for self, it is so important.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Uhhu! Well said!! And amen to that. I wouldn't change a thing.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I agree wholeheartedly. Everything feels a little more complete when we are all together.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home