Thursday, February 02, 2006

U.B.'s 37-week appointment

U.B. and I had yet another prenatal appointment today. This time we saw a real doctor, a lady, who actually possessed tact and compassion, unlike one of her nightmarish male compatriots. She was very sweet, especially since she gave me permission to take Sudafed for the Head Cold That Would Not Die, and she said I could also take Tylenol PM for my insomnia. Not sure if I feel comfortable doing both of these at the same time, but a little dab of pseudoephedrin made a world of difference this evening.

U.B.'s heart rate was 160 bpm, and his house grew by 1 cm (for a total of 36 cm, if you are keeping track). He is very active, a big squirmer. Whereas his older brother was more of a kicker, U.B. is a constant (and I mean CONSTANT) twister, like he can't get comfy in there. Poor guy. Like his brother before him, he also hiccups all the time. I was surprised when Isaac came along that he continued to hiccup almost constantly for a few months outside the womb; his pediatrician offered up that some babies are just prone to them.

I gained a pound since last week, and this time my blood pressure was actually down a bit, to 123/70, which was sweet. No internal exams this time, so I have no idea if Ms. Cervix is continuing her process of dilation and effacement. This particular visit, from my entrance to the waiting room until my exit from the office, was less than 30 minutes, leaving me with plenty of time on the clock to get a pre-dinner Slurpee. Let's hope for a repeatedly speedy performance next Thursday, eh? If we don't have a baby by then, that is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

Here's hoping! Glad everything is moving along so well! And a speedy appt. Can't beat THAT!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Jack's Mom said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how close you are! How incredibly exciting and I am really looking forward to knowing UB's name!

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home