Wednesday, October 13, 2004

ARRRRRRRRRGH

Things that suck today:

* received approximately 4 hours of interrupted sleep last night
* gave a sleep-deprived presentation at work today
* will give another sleep-deprived presentation at work next Wednesday
* no shower since yesterday morning, major stink emanating from my person
* baby refuses to go to sleep for me
* baby has to get a flu shot tomorrow
* I may have a bladder infection; elimination of caffeine from diet is suggested (but impossible)
* every medical professional who asks what method of birth control I am using right now looks at me with that "do you WANT to get pregnant again, crazy lady?" look. Because evidently not being on The Pill = guaranteed fertilization
* blog-friend's darling baby, 2 weeks older than Isaac, can not only crawl but can also now stand unsupported, while my flunky baby has been stuck on his hands and knees almost crawling for over a month now
* am eating too many frosted oatmeal cookies; belly is growing again
* am unable to remove stains produced by orange-colored foods from baby clothes

Not the greatest day today, I fear. Although I did have some fun time with Isaac outside, where, unlike most other places he was with me today, he did not fuss terribly.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, you don't have a flunky baby!! If you have one, I have one too! My little girl (born 3/29) can't crawl yet. (www.madelinemonkey.com). She can get on all four legs, rock back and forth, and even make one crawling motion to move - then collapses. But she's developed faster in other ways. And I'm sure your baby has too! Secondly, I have a great solution that takes all baby food stains out. It's OxiClean Power Stain remover - which can be found anywhere. It's a miracle stain remover...I'm not kidding!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Ah, Madeline's Mom! A fellow crawler-to-be on your hands! I will totally check out your website. Yes, I know my baby is not a flunky -- he is a big talker and is very alert and in control in many other ways -- but sometimes it is just so frustrating, for him as well as me, to see him still not brave enough to move his little hands out and start exploring! I have not had good luck with oxiclean the powder, but I will totally go check out your stain-remover suggestion at the drugstore tomorrow.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I promise you Isaac will be speaking in full sentences while Benjamin is running around still grunting and whining. LOL.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Yeah right, Erin! I think our genius-boys will be going toe-to-toe in the championship round of Teen Jeopardy before too long.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home