Thursday, December 09, 2004

Ah-CHOO continued

Both Dad and I were down sick today. Luckily for Dad (and me), I finally felt better today. Not good enough to go to school, mind you. Will I ever feel good enough to go to school again, I wonder? Aside from the sick stuff, I have really been living a life of luxury here -- sleep till 11 every morning while Isaac attends his school, then play play play all afternoon, all with minimal feelings of guilt about work. Makes me really want to take this PhD thing and shove it and join the SAHM camp. I will be having a meeting with my boss sometime next week wherein we will actually discuss a "graduation gameplan" for Claire. Let's just hope his goal-line is relatively near where mine is.

I took another Claritin last night, to which I attribute most of my feelings of well-being. I finally decided that this whole Claritin-popping thing is not a long-term issue, as I don't have allergies, and so if I need to take some medicine to even be able to take care of my child, then I can do that for a little while. I will take another one tonight, and I anticipate that it will make me feel good enough to go to work tomorrow. Great. Also, unlike yesterday where I could not stand to eat anythingall day except for 5 saltines, I was able to keep down normal food today, like raisin bran and vegetable soup and cold pizza. I have lost five pounds this week that I really did want to keep.

Buster is doing okay. I don't think he is getting much better, but it's just his cough that persists, and everything I've read says that can linger for up to 3 weeks. I WAS feeling very bad about leaving him at day care all this week with his horrible cough. Today, however, when I picked him up, 1) I heard a little girl, napping in the sleeping nook, coughing her brains out as she slept, and 2) on the daily report sheet under his, another kid's dad had written his cell phone number and "please call if Tucker isn't doing well enough to stay today". So I am actually not such a bad mom. Although it is obvious that there is a positive correlation between improvements in his cough and time spent near the humidifier at home. Maybe I should talk to them about getting a humidifier.

You know how, when you're sick and you have to "call in" sick to work, you still feel guilty? Like, surely you're just being a big faker and if you just sucked it up like a big girl you could go in to work. I felt really guilty today because, maybe, I could have gone to school. Maybe. I was still so tired from being sick all this week, and the snot was still flowing and I am coughing like I have the plague, but because I felt better than I had all this week, I kept nagging myself all day for being a slacker. I mean, did I stay home because I was really too sick to go in, or was it because I had a meeting with my boss today that I really didn't want to attend? Or both? The world may never know.

Another question for the ages: where does all the snot come from? I can blow my nose every five minutes and there's just as much slime that comes out every time. How is this possible? Are my sinuses just that labrynthian that they can hold that much liquid?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home