Friday, December 17, 2004

Whooping cough/new mommy freak-out update

We took Isaac to the pediatrician today, and was it ever a waste of time. He does not have whooping cough. They didn't even test him because he has almost stopped coughing altogether, saving a little hack for every once in awhile after he first wakes up. His ear infection is also gone. The doctor diagnosed him with the ever-glamorous "post-nasal drip." However, I think I am entitled to a new-mommy freak-out, seeing as how this was my very first one.

I am also feeling much, much better. I did today without any medication whatsoever, which was a first for me this week -- I was unable to leave the house most days without my prescription decongestant from last week and a couple Tylenol. All of this sickness did serve its purpose, though. I told you we are flying home to Indianapolis on Monday, right? And that I was dreading flying with screechy-monster, right? Well, I'm not anymore. I can't WAIT to get to Indy, and I don't care who I have to annoy with my screaming baby to get there. I am so tired of being sick and having to take care of two sick boys AND go to work at the same time that I am ready to flop on one of the Grandmas' couches and finally let somebody take care of ME. And I deserve it. Being a mommy is both hard and fun, but being a mommy for a sick baby and a wife to a sick husband while being sick yourself is completely impossible and completely lacking in fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Glad you're feeling a little better and WOHOOO for a baby that feels better. I SO KNOW how icky a sick baby is. Sad babby = sad mommy. Hopefully it'll start getting better now.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home