Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Isaac made us a present

When Dad picked Isaac up from school today, his teacher Jill says, "Isaac made a present for you." Of course, Dad's first thought is that any "present" from Isaac would be hellaciously stinky and swathed in a diaper. But then Jill hands him this:

It's a white pillar candle with a blue Isaac footprint in the wax. Those are some crafty ladies down there -- I've spent about a half-hour just staring at it, trying to figure out how they made this thing. The footprint is in the wax, not painted on. What a sweet thing to do for us moms and dads! We were really touched.

Because I haven't talked about poop for two days now, I must tell you about Isaac's other "present" to me that happened later in the day. All afternoon, my nose was alerting me of a poop diaper. Each time I went up to check, though, I had little conversations that went like this:

Claire (with open-diapered Isaac before her): Isaac, where's the poop?
Isaac's butt: Pffft. Pbltftfttt.
Claire: Now, let's keep that kind of language to ourselves, shall we?
Isaac's butt: Pffffffffffffffffffffft. Ppppfblt. Pft.
Claire: What's that smell? It smells like death! Run for your life, it's Baby Stink Breath!
Isaac's butt: Pblft.

Seriously, going on like this for five minutes at a time. Later, for dinner, Isaac set an eating record, consuming two whole containers of baby food. First there was the Vegetable Beef dinner, of the Gerber Baby Alpo Variety Pack. Then for dessert was oatmeal+milk+peaches. I tried to save some of the peaches for later, but when Isaac kept opening his mouth like a baby bird when done, he got some peaches straight-up. But that wasn't enough. He made a special present for me while he ate, the stinky kind this time, and as we headed upstairs to unwrap it he grabbed the almost-empty peaches container. He spent the entire diaper change burying his face in the peaches container, trying to lick the very last drops up. I guess he was hungry? Maybe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home