Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Mommy cooks some hits and misses

Last night I fixed a new family fave -- Chicken Tortilla Soup -- via our friend, the crock-pot. Is there anything it can't do? I think I am even winning Dad over. Here is our recipe, which serves two + a baby with leftovers and takes about 2 seconds to prepare:

1 can black beans, undrained
1 can diced tomatoes (+/- jalapenos), undrained
1 c salsa
2 chicken breasts
tortilla chips
shredded cheese

1) Put first four ingredients in crock pot; cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 2.5 - 3 hours.
2) Remove chicken breasts from crock pot and shred or cut into itty pieces; recombine chicken with soup and stir thoroughly.
3) Ladle soup into bowls. Top with crumbled tortilla chips and liberal amounts of shredded cheese.

Now on the other hand, I cooked a meatloaf on Tuesday night. I have cooked this meatloaf recipe twice now, and Dad gives it two thumbs down. I think it is perfectly edible, even verging on good, but Dad says it stinks for some reason which he refuses to disclose. Can somebody please help a girl out and post a recipe for a tasty meatloaf?

Back to my pumpkin-pie baking now...

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

LOL! I have made a similar crockpot tortilla soup recipe and it IS good. Can't help you with the meatloaf, I've made it once and it wasn't that great. I've been cooking a lot this week too. I should post a few of our favorites! :)

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home