Saturday, December 10, 2005

Santa comes early (and brings along his fat sister)

Seeing as how we are taking off next weekend for the Midwest, we thought it only fair that Isaac should open his remaining Christmas present today to give him ample time to play with it. Dada insisted we take lots of pictures of this, the sole present-opening event at our house this year. I got this first picture of Isaac lusting after his "Toy! Toy! Toy!". This is immediately before he tried to get into the box by peeling off the cardboard, layer by layer, with his fingernails:



After that, Dada took the camera as I helped the boy unpack the many parts that go to his Little People Garage. I had hoped the focus of these pictures would be on Isaac's excitement and unbridled glee at his new "Toy! Toy!", but instead the eye is drawn, like to a car wreck, to the gigantic woman sitting next to him, trying to read the assembly instructions as her belly flops out of her shirt. So attractive.



5 Comments:

Blogger Jack's Mom said...

LOL Claire! You look great! And that looks like a cool toy also.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the new toy keeps him occupied when you need time to yourself!!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Claire you look GREAT! Really really! And I think Liam has pajamas that look the same as Isaac's shirt - he loves the littel flying martians in the spaceships. Let me know how he likes the toy - was eyeballing that. I know my sister bought him the Little People A-Z Zoo so I may hold off. Thanks for sharing the pics!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Thank you, Susie & Dawn, for your compliments. They help me feel marginally better when I can't fit into half of my maternity pants anymore. That's right, I said my MATERNITY PANTS.

Susie -- he loves the toy. It's the Little People Garage. Before we got this, his very favorite other toy was his Little People Noah's Ark, which I imagine might share some resemblances to the Zoo. So far our experiences with the whole Little People line have been nothing but fabulous -- everything of theirs comes highly recommended. Those Fisher-Price people really know their stuff.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Ahh, stopit. You look fab. And that toy looks KILLER Fun.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home