Sunday, September 19, 2004

Fussy grown-ups

Isaac decided this weekend that sleep was highly overrated. Meaning that Saturday he awoke at a crowd-pleasing 5:45 am, and today he decided there was to be no sleep past 4:30 am. Normally, this would be tolerable, since I am as big of a fan of afternoon naps as he, and we usually take a big one together on the weekdays. I am thus usually prepared for Isaac and I to just get up and go downstairs so we don't wake up Dad (because Isaac wants for everyone in the neighborhood to know that they should get up, too). But for whatever reason, I decided Saturday that I could live without a nap. Not one of my better ideas. This morning I was so feenin' for the sleep that I put Isaac down on the living room floor, somewhere away from anything he could bump into or hurt himself on, spread his toys all around him, and laid down on the couch and slept looking at him with my eyes open in 5-minute spurts. Needless to say, Dad and I have been grumbling at each other through our sleep-fog all weekend.

But we are cool now because we engaged today in a shopping extravanganza. Normally this would anger me, as I hate shopping and we are poor. But somehow, miracle of miracles, we have spent so little of our paychecks this time that we have over $600 in our checking account -- I think it has something to do with us refraining from going to Starbucks every day. Somehow shopping is much more fun when you actually have money to spend. Dad and I got a new desk for my blog-puter at Ikea that is very handsome, functional, and space-saving, so we reclaimed the dining-room table. We also got Isaac a green track-suit at Old Navy -- while normally I am anti-track suit, this one was cheap and contained the all-important fleece hoodie so necessary for our new Seattle weather. Pictures of the hoodie will be not far behind, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home