Friday, September 17, 2004

Pass the popcorn

Because I am a friggin' genius, I am now posting movies of Isaac on the blog. That's right, movies. My new digital camera takes them, and they are very grainy and only 45 seconds long, but I think you will enjoy them immensely. You will find links to these movies on the right side of the window. Scroll down a bit -- yes, there you go -- and they are right there under, you guessed it, "Movies". I have two right now: "Blocks" is of Isaac playing on the floor, and "Babbling" is to show off our little man's new verbal skillz. Each of these is ~7.5 MB, rather large for ye of the dial-up connection, but you know you have nothing better to do.

We can't figure out why, but Windows Media Player won't play these files. If you want to see them, you have to use QuickTime Player, which is a *free* download from Apple (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/). Don't be scared by the $29.99 on the website -- that's for QuickTime Pro. To watch the movies, then, right-click on the link to the movies and choose "Save Target As..." to save it to your own computer. Once it downloads, right click on the file and choose "Open With", then choose QuickTime Player. We will be working on how to play these files with WMP, but in the meantime, enjoy with our compliments.

1 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

I don't think it will take 2 h -- the initial estimated numbers are usually high. The other day I watched you download a 1.5 MB file in about 10 min, so 7.5 MB should take a little less than an hour. Again, that is a little long, yes, but if you are online anyway, why not? I will see what I can do, however, to make them smaller files.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home