Thursday, September 22, 2005

Opening up a dialogue

Dear Mama,

I'm having some sleeping issues right now. I see you are getting a little frustrated with me. Maybe that has something to do with it. Unfortunately, that's too bad. Have some cah-kee and get over yourself, woman. If I don't need sleep, why should you? You should really consult the instruction manual I came with to learn my secret of Sucking Energy from Thin Air. Clearly my way is superior. With less sleep, there are more hours in the day to wrestle and squirm:



To run in circles, over things, through things...


...on you, on cat-brother, in the yard, into the street!

You need to suck it up, mama, and get with the program. Sleep is for the weak. Anyway, isn't it worth it, to spend a few more hours a day basking in my adorableness?


Love,

Isaac

-----------
My dearest Isaac,

You are right; I need to get over myself and my pre-child notions of how much sleep I "deserve". I know you don't yet get that I am growing your brother or sister in my tummy, and that that in and of itself is enough to make me tired. None of that is your fault. I do need to quit getting so annoyed with you and your annoying sleeping habits. How much can you or I do to control them? No one will ever know.

It will all be okay, really, and I promise to be more understanding for the time being and even to try to help you figure out how to sleep better. Especially because I have in place a plan to exact my revenge on you, in 15 years when I show this picture of you wearing my underwear as a hat to your prom date.


Love always,

Mama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home