Thursday, September 08, 2005

Thursday blah blah

This morning was playgroup for 1.5 hours, followed by an intense cardio workout at a nearby park, led by master fitness instructor Isaac. Evidently our new extended sleep schedule means he has enough energy to literally run a jogging trail. Sara and her two boys were there, too, and I finally snapped a picture of her -- here she is with her 7-month-old, Patrick:



The rest of the day was, unfortunately, downhill from there. Isaac only napped for 1.5 hours, meaning I couldn't conquer all of Mt. Dish-more and do all my dinner prep while he was down. Then Dada called and suggested we meet up to try to open a bank account at a bank on campus, which turned out to be a HELLACIOUS long walk in the 86-degree heat, only to have an enormous long line that Isaac wouldn't let us stand around in. On the way home, fitness instructor Isaac was practicing his scissor-kick for Dada, and managed to kick Dada in the face, bruising his cheek and bending his glasses almost beyond wear. Isaac and I came home and had a great time together until it was time to change his diaper, when he decided it was time to show U.B. his scissor-kick and started some crazy kung fu moves on my belly, despite my insistent yelling, then time-outs, then screaming, then whatever. This led to another mommy-meltdown ala the cat food incident of not-so-long ago. Eventually Dada came home to our weekly Fish Night dinner which totally did not turn out -- given my extreme inexperience, it is amazing that this was the first inedible dish I have cooked in my stint as O'Neal household chef.

The night was rescued by Dada, who hung my Sky Chair from a tree in our backyard, where I could sit and be cradled and watch my boys play in the sandbox in utter peace and physical relaxation. Dadas are so good for stuff like that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

We have been having a similar problem with the kicking. Twice in the past week it has led to yelling, time-outs, etc for us too. And the "mommy meltdown"...yeah, that's been happening here lately as well. I guess it is the terrible two's already!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Carolyn -- On one hand, I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with the same thing... but on the other, I'm SO RELIEVED to hear that we're not alone with this insane kicking issue!!!!!

Grandma -- I think I did -- I emailed it to Wim last night, but he probably won't get back to me about it until Monday; they are having a lab outing today.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home