Friday, November 04, 2005

Gratuitous fall photoblogging

The past two days we have been exceptionally blessed by the weather gods, who, I think, pity us and our sleep situation. Isaac and I took this as an excuse to be "Outside! Outside!" as much as possible. This was super-fun for picture-taking because, unlike Seattle, where we have the two options of green+green+green (summer) or dead-and-brown + green (all other seasons), here in beautiful Delaware we have an almost bawdy display of color literally in our own backyard. Dada can't wait for Isaac to get a little older so they can collect pretty fall leaves together for a scrapbook. For now, Isaac is more concerned with taking foliage and throwing it on the ground. Or in a creek.

Our main adventure yesterday was a monster campus walk. We happened upon a little cranny of a walkway that houses a pair of bronze goats named Chloe and Lucinda, sculpted in memoriam of some fancy-pants university donor. Isaac insists that they are "Doggie!"s and also insists that I pet them as he does:



Here is Isaac destroying some landscaping outside the student center. He was obsessed with trying to pick these purpley-blue flowers, and I was obsessed with getting my "baby in the wild" style picture, replete with fall foliage in the background. Tell me, do you prefer the innocence of the Back-to-the-Camera pose...


...or the Watch-Me-Flash-You-My-Sassy-Eyebrow pose?



Today we visited a park very near our house, one we had previously skipped because my initial casing of the joint missed the play equipment, which turned out to be far away from the parking lot. A neat feature of this park was a little sculpture garden with climbable concrete critters like a turtle, or as shown here, a dolphin:



The park also abuts a bike trail that winds through town and, here, features a very scenic set of bridges and creeks...



...perfect for throwing leaves off of, naturally. And with a forecast of only more beautiful weather for the weekend, I think we are in store for more family park explorations in the very near future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack's Mom said...

Ahh man I am jealous of your fall beautiful weather. I so miss that season! And the picture of boy in the wild - I like that one. Both pics. Nice!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Great walking trails you have there! And I love the pic of Isaac walking by himself. such a big little man.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home