Saturday, December 17, 2005

We'll be home for Christmas

Tomorrow afternoon we are leaving Dela-nowhere for Indiana, because we prefer our winter weather to be of the bone-chillingly-cold variety. Well, I guess there are grandmas and grandpas there, too, and they have promised that there will be presents and (more importantly) food for us there. Because we are driving, and because Dada doesn't start teaching again until February, our schedule is quite flexible. I think we will be gone for 3 weeks. I hope to spend most of that time with my feet aloft on fluffy pillows and my mouth loaded with bonbons. I also hope that, when I am not off my feet, I can sneak in a few dinner dates with Dada, no toddlers allowed. I will do my best to blog, especially since now everyone has high-speed internet and my mom and dad even have wi-fi, but that may require I get off my butt for a second or two, and I just can't guarantee that that will be happening.

Wish us luck with the 10-12 hour road trip. Dada and I decided to buy a portable DVD player instead of getting each other presents this year. But really, what is a better present than Isaac sitting contentedly through most, if not all, of a long road trip? This evening we hit Wal-Mart, God of Stores, and loaded up on $50 of Isaac-friendly DVDs. You name it, we got it...the 'tubbies, the Wiggles, the new Little Einsteins movie, Thomas and his homeboys. And, after a rough start of Dada and I figuring out how to burn a movie DVD on his desktop from work, we are also bringing along a library of TiVoed Wiggles and Little Einsteins episodes from the Disney channel. Oh, there are other non-TV-related things that will be coming along, but I am particularly proud of our massive selection of movies that Isaac will be drooling over, and especially that Dada figured out how to magically transport stuff from the TiVo ether onto hard, shiny DVDs.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

You have already left so I wish you the safest of travels and that Issac is fully content with his videos. We are lucky enough to have the DVD in our car and have just started using it for trips out at night - makes the back seat less dark. Hope to see some posts before Christmas! Love the new mast by the way!!

5:10 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

Just stopping by from Mrs. Flingers! The video of Isaac dancing to hip hop is so funny. My girls love to do the same. When my oldest Hailee was younger all I had to do was say "Drop it like it's hot " and she'd drop her little booty to the floor.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Have a safe trip! And THANK GOD for DVDs. Man, Elmo is a hit around Olympia.

Merry Christmas!

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I moved blogs! Hope you get home safely! Can't wait to hear!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home