Monday, January 31, 2005

Not much here...and yet I blog

Blah, blah, boring ol' day. But I bet I can think of some things to set down in writing about what's going on here anyway.

*Isaac can point now. It was almost seamless the way his "black power!" gesture (you know, suddenly jutting his fist out into the air) turned into a "look at that thing over there" with a simple extension of the index finger. He is not yet an expert at the point, but when he really wants to, he does it.

*It is just amazing how much he really looks like a little person now, particularly in certain outfits. Today he had on a long-sleeved t-shirt and some cargo pants, and you could have sworn he was two. Whoever decided that baby pants could have pockets and those strange loops for their hammers needs a Nobel Prize, because such minor additions make my boy look just. so. cute. It also helps that he is now so mobile as to be even adult-like in his movements. Case 1: today he spent a goodly amount of time dropping the remote into his stroller seat and then retrieving it. The stroller seat, however, is blocked by the stroller armrests, so instead of just reaching over to get it, Isaac had to sttttrrrreeeettttccch onto his tippy-toes to look over and see where it was to grab it. Case 2: he noticed from across the room that many interesting objects lay scattered just under the couch. He crawled over there, stuck his hiney up in the air, pressed his face against the floor to get a better look, and then took turns waving each arm around under the couch to fish for that empty Pringles can [bad Dada!], just like you or I would do.

*Dad went out and got us a new TV yesterday. Our current TV had been in business for Dad, and then for Dad + me, for over 13 years, and was starting to make crazy sounds and ghosting late at night. So reports Dad, anyway. Our fancy new TV is HD (ooooooh) just in time for the Superbowl, baby. Who's coming over to watch it? Jen Horwath, waddya say?

*Thanks to Erin for suggesting we TiVO "Go, Baby!", a 5-minute show for babies, featuring a baby, on the Disney channel. Isaac loves it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

I LOVE LOVE little boy clothes. Honestly. Probably more than girl clothes. Cargo pants are the BEST for babies. Too cute!

I let Lauren watch "Go Baby" on the website and she was totally into it. I can tell this is only the start of my Baby Show watching days, isn't it?

5:19 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I am addicted to little boy clothes... I keep saying Ben has too many and yet, I keep buying. The more like tiny adult clothes they look, the better... I have been trying to restrain myself and wait for more spring/summer stuff to come out, but I am eyeing the current Gymboree sale... :\

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home