Sunday, November 13, 2005

How to do a late-night meeting up right

Dada had a super-late faculty meeting Thursday night -- it went till nearly 8:30. I don't think I need to say that I was not terribly excited about our looooooong day, but these things (sigh) happen. We had playgroup that morning, where we ran into our friends Sara, Nathaniel, and Patrick. Sara and the boys, being closely tied to another Geography faculty member, were also affected by this heinous drawing out of the day. Sara, the experienced SAHM that she is, suggested we come over to her house to rough it together in the evening and have pancakes for dinner. Well, all you have to do is mention the words "Nathaniel" and "pancakes" in relatively close proximity, and Isaac is counting the seconds till dinner time. It was just fantastic -- Isaac got to play with Nathaniel (and Patrick of course) and all of Nathaniel's toys, and I got my first experience cooking pancakes on a stand-alone griddle. (Note: I am apparently not a real housefrau as I do not own a griddle or waffle iron.)

We ended the evening with a photo shoot of the boys engaged in Isaac's new favorite activity -- doodling. Here he is in action, with Patrick doing his best to help:

And yes, the artwork covering the entire board is courtesy of Isaac. Have I mentioned that we color now, every day, for about an HOUR? I hope you all are ready to receive his artwork for your fridges, cause mine is full up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home