Monday, February 06, 2006

Yay! My kid has an ear infection!

After a month of the two of us being sick, and Dada being sick of listening to us cough and whine, I took Isaac to the pediatrician today for his cold. For the second time. I think I rescind my PhD in biochemistry when I say this, but all I really wanted was some drugs for my kid. I don't care what he has going on in his seemingly malformed sinuses, I just want to go buy something, preferably from a registered pharmacist, that makes me feel proactive in the matter.

We saw a different doctor-lady who was as equally wonderful as his regular pediatrician. I knew I really loved her when she didn't even so much as look at my son before she whipped out her prescription pad and said "A month is too long. He obviously needs some help kicking this." Did I mention how much I love my pediatrician's office? And despite Isaac's best efforts to keep her from looking in his ears, she persevered and discovered that he does, in fact, have an infected left ear. Then, to make me want to leave my husband and bear her children instead, she promised me that his antibiotics will make him feel 50,000% better by tomorrow. Now we are all set with a 10-day course of amoxicillin that tastes like orange milkshake. He was seriously disappointed that he couldn't have more after I gave him his dose tonight.

But now I have prescription-drug envy. My ears hurt (LIKE A B...urrito) too. I want some yummy antibiotics too. I made an appointment for myself to see my own doctor tomorrow, so wish me luck that soon I will be on the medicinally-enhanced road to recovery as well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Periwinkle Jen said...

Gosh, I hope you guys feel better. It stinks to be sick and 9 months pregnant at the same time.

4:51 AM  
Blogger RB said...

I have to confess to using Beaux's antibiotic ear drops in my own ears.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Yay for pediatricians with quick pads when we need it! Hope Isaac is ALREADY feeling better. Keep us posted on you too - hope the doc has something lined up for you as well to kick this cold in the teeth.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home