Sunday, March 20, 2005

Last week's update

New things he's doing now:

*Making motorboat-style noises with his lips by raking them with his fingers. Highly entertaining
*Saying "mama", mostly as a weapon to delay my departure from his school in the mornings
*Saying occasionally "tree" (="tee") and "yogurt" (="ho-guh")
*Finger-painting at school
And ......... drumroll please...........
Yesterday he took two steps. It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. From a sitting position in the middle of nowhere, he stood right up, wobbled a little like a surfer, and took two steps to get to a chair. I had two witnesses, as Mindy and Clayton were over for a playdate. I must admit that I got all misty. I thought I was seeing something really special. Until Dad came home and told me Isaac did the same for him a few days ago.

I don't know if you can call it "walking" yet, since he doesn't seem interested in repeating this effort very often, but we are clearly marching towards our goal of walking to meet the grandparents at the airport in two weeks. And speaking of, we are going to have quite the crowd here for Isaac's first birthday -- Grandma & Grandpa O'Neal bought their tickets to fly out two weeks from today to see us. What do you say we make all these grandma and grandpas into scullery maids while they're here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home