Friday, September 30, 2005

U.B. says "Where's the Beef?"

Crazy Teething Toddler Monster got up at 5 this morning. I drug his sleepy butt into bed with me, where he curled up like a pillbug, fell fast asleep, and then peed out his diaper onto my freshly laundered sheets, all within 3 minutes. In all the ensuing cleaning muss, he woke up for good, and an Isaac who wakes up that early is a given to be cranky all the live-long day. By 7:30 he was dressed, fed, and pulling at the doorknob: "Outside? Outside??????" This says nothing of his mother, who was not dressed or fed or well-hydrated, but knows better than to argue with her cranky toddler. A blueberry eggo later, we were off to the park for some early morning toddler calisthenics.

Upon leaving the house, I felt fine, but I knew I should be drinking more water. I brought along a Nalgene bottle and chugged it all before we hit the playground. Despite this, as soon as I stepped out of the car, I felt a little dizzy, though not enough to risk the wrath of His Majesty by skipping out on the playground. We ran around for about an hour, when my drinking binge caught up to my bladder. Isaac, ever the team-player, wouldn't heed my desperate pleas to follow me so I could go pee, so I was forced to lug his 26-lb butt across a soccer field to one locked women's room, then across the playground to another locked women's room, and then across the street to (shudder) a port-a-potty. After this exertion, I was having major troubles standing up, so I stuffed Isaac back into his car seat and muffled his loud and writhing protests with a stick of string cheese. We were home by 9:45, and Sir Cranky fell asleep in the car on the ride home for what would be a 3-hour nap. I came home and consumed as many calories as possible before putting myself to bed, and I managed to get 2+ hours myself. A full tummy + more sleep should take care of my dizzy spell, right?

Wrong. I woke up worse than ever. Isaac and I ate a huge lunch...still no effect. I felt like I could faint. I laid down on the couch, started up a Wiggles marathon, and called Dada to come help me out. Picking up my nearby copy of What to Expect About Your Growing Belly Fruit, I looked up "dizziness". It told me, among other things, to look at its discussion of pregnancy-related anemia. Hrm, I think, remembering it was about this time in my pregnancy with Isaac that the OB told me I had lowish blood iron levels and needed to take an iron supplement. Dada took me to get some SlowFE, and 15 minutes after popping one pill I feel 10 million times better. I guess we need to up our dosage of Hamburger Helper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home