Monday, November 21, 2005

An easy week in the SAHM biz

Gotta love the short weeks. Not only does Dada get off work Thursday and Friday (though, knowing him, he'll probably be working some anyway), but we are expecting a literal van-load of family around Wednesday lunchtime. Grandma and Grandpa Ross and Uncle Chris and "Aunt" Jean (who will soon be rid of those quotation marks) are driving here from Indianapolis to spend Thanksgiving weekend with us. Where we are going to put all those warm bodies in our dinky house is completely beside the point, because it is all about non-stop entertainment for the Isaac-monster and luxurious naps for me. Yee-hah!

On top of that, Isaac's sitter came over this morning, so I got nearly 2.5 hours to myself, which I should have used to vacuum and dust and scrub and blah, but I instead used to lust over apple pie recipes like this one. This is the first Thanksgiving dinner we will have shared with family since 2000, when we moved to Seattle. Every year there we had the same conversation: "Should we fly home for Thanksgiving?" "Not when we're flying home for Christmas two weeks from then." This year will thus be quite a special occasion for us. So special, in fact, that I think it deserves both pumpkin AND apple pies, handmade with love by me in my temperamental rental-house oven.

And did I mention we got our 18-pound turkey for free from our local grocery store for being loyal and otherwise spendy customers?

We can't wait to see everybody. Please drive safe.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, you must make pumpkin and apple pie!! You can never have too much pie!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home