Tuesday, November 22, 2005

U.B. makes waves

Lately U.B. has cranked up his own little in utero dance party to a whole new level. He is one seriously active dude. Laying down to take in a delicious new Gilmore Girls tonight brought on ripples from my tummy, visible through a layer of clothes and a blanket, but he doesn't need a whole hour to start his motor moving. Even if I sit down on the floor while playing with Isaac I can feel U.B. squirming around. I think this time, now, is my favorite part of being pregnant -- when the baby is big enough so anybody (especially me) could see or feel him moving, but I am still small enough to tie my own shoes.

I don't know why, but I somehow still have some crazy mommy vibe that U.B. is a girl. I don't care what those online Chinese Gender Charts or the radiologist says. Everybody's heard stories of radiologists who insisted the baby was one gender, but the end result was completely unexpected. Where this vibe comes from, I have no idea. Perhaps it has something to do with my being completely in love with our chosen girl name and still completely at a loss for a decent boy name. Seriously, folks, it is bad. Nothing sounds good to us. I never wanted to do this, but (just in case my mommy-senses are wrong) can I throw it open to the peanut gallery? Do YOU, dear readers, have any suggestions for us? We are pretty sure we want Dada's first name, Michael, as a middle name, and any first name of course must not sound terrible with our last name (O'Neal, as in no to "Noah" or "Neal").

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of names I find fitting to the O'Neal fam: Maxwell, Connor, and perhaps Ian (maybe a little close to Isaac). I'm sure whatever the baby is you will have a perfect name when "he" arrives.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

I can offer our family of names that end with O'Neill... Daniel. James. Garrett. Ryan. Liam. Devin. Kevin. Michael. Jack. Thomas.

I love Connor and Shea.

Sounds like a healthy little guy you ahve in there! Or girl! :-)

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home