Sunday, February 12, 2006

Do they give me extra money for being early?

I just finished doing our federal taxes online, yippee! This is exciting because it marks the first time in the near-five years since we became the joint-filing O'Neals that we will 1) have filed before April -AND- 2) get a refund.

Go us! Go having a kid! I am exceptionally proud of myself on this one because I dug up all kinds of receipts and statements to have an itemized list of our hefty moving expenses so we could deduct, deduct, deduct. And now we get money, instead of having to pay hundreds of dollars. Whatever will we do with ourselves?

Now to navigate this brave new world of state income tax after having lived in income-tax-ignorant Washington state for 4.5 years...

2 Comments:

Blogger RB said...

LUCKY DOG LUCKY DOG LUCKY DOG!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky dog is right. We never get money back. NEVER. Even with kid in tow we owe a couple freaking thousand every year. And we have the max taken out of our pay, plus an extra chunk of change.

Then there's my sister. She got $4000 back this year.

Grrr.

I hate tax time.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home