Friday, February 10, 2006

A KMart legacy

This past Monday I took the boy with me to KMart to pick out something practical for a friend's new baby. I knew going in there that there would be lots of perusing on my part, and Isaac is not known for his patience should the shopping cart stop moving. So, genius mother that I am, I took him at his morning snack time. Before we did anything else, we stopped at the snack bar for an Icee. I was certainly feening for one, as U.B., like his brother before him, will be composed in the liquid phase almost entirely of Slurpees. However, I also was acting on some fond memories from my childhood -- when my mom would take my brother and I errand-running at KMart, usually there was an Icee in it for us. I'm sure it's partly this behavior that has perpetuated my slushie-style-beverage addiction to this day. Incidentally, Isaac also chose a small bag of popcorn for us, and we left our popcorn/blue-raspberry trail all over the store. He was happy as a clam for the entire shopping adventure and fell asleep in the car on the 5-minute ride home from stuffing himself with snack-bar junk food.

Later that day I was boasting of my geniusness to Dada. With no prompting whatsoever, Dada volunteers that when his mom took him to KMart as a young'un, she would buy him Icees also. It's fate, then, that we should pass on this legacy to our children.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love traditions!!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Jack's Mom said...

Ahh yes I have fond memories of Kmart and Icees also. It is so neat that you guys are carrying on that tradition.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home