Thursday, February 09, 2006

Start thinking "Godzilla-Baby"

U.B. and I had another prenatal appointment today, at 38 weeks 2 days. Here is a belly picture to give you the visual of how colossal my unborn child has become:

Don't you get back pains from just looking at that huge hump I have to carry around all day?

I actually asked Dada this morning if it was fashion-sensible of me to wear this shirt out of the house. This is a maternity shirt; these are maternity pants. Yet my belly is so gigantic it has a life of its own and can't help but peek out to see what's going on. I think this is kind of gross. Nevertheless, in the words of Dada: "Claire, you're 9 months pregnant. You can wear whatever you damn well please."

Here are the stats from my visit, for the number-freaks like myself. My blood pressure is still good, at 120-something/74. I didn't gain any weight from last week, despite the fact that I ate half a pint of Edy's an hour before I went in. U.B.'s heartbeat is great, at 145 bpm. And, here's the kicker: U.B.'s house measures 39 cm, up from 36 cm last week. Um...whoa. Isaac was 7 lbs 15 oz at birth. How big do you think this one could get?

Also, it would appear that at least two people are blog-stalking me for any hints that I am going in to labor. Let me tell these people, and others who might also be curious, that I promise to do my very best to post something every day I am able. Thus, if there is ever an awkward silence, well, you can assume the very best.

2 Comments:

Blogger Odd Mix said...

Dada is a wiiiiiiiiise man!

Will be looking for that awkward silence. Good luck ;)

5:30 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Amazing that I was so dense as to not LOOK AT THE COUNTER at the top of your blog. My eagerness to get right to the posts took over I guess. I too will be looking forward to the awkward silence. And MY oh MY UB is a healthy boy! Liam was too at 8 lbs 6 oz - I swear I had to sit across the room from the table at mealtime - I gave up and just used Liam as a table. So did Dan.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home